This is the release information for the Bots Admin v2.2 and Bot Builder v2.2 released on April 16, 2017.
Bots Admin Console v2.2
This section contains the release information for the Bots Admin v2.2 released on Mar 10, 2017.
- Manage Builder Access – A new module page in Bots Management module to review requests for new users requesting to access the Bot Builder tool to develop Bots. For more information, see Managing Builder Tool Access.
Bot Builder v2.2
This section contains the release information for Bot Builder v2.2 released on Mar 10, 2017.
The following list describes new features added to Bot Builder since the last release.
- Custom Entity Type added – A new Entity Type, called Custom, is added to the list of Entity Types that you can define for Entity nodes in a Dialog task. You can define a Regex pattern to validate the expected user input. For more information, see the Entity Types section in Working with the Entity Node.
- Pause & Resume a Bot Task – You can enable or disable the ability of an end-user to stop the current task, start and complete another task, then resume the original task. For more information, see Advanced Bot Settings.
- Bot Builder Tool Access – New users in an enterprise must request approval to access the Bot Builder tool. Once the Bots Admin approves the request, the developer can log on to Bot Builder Tool. An email is sent to the developer when approved. For more information, see Managing Builder Tool Access.
The following list describes changes to existing features in Bot Builder since the last release.
- SMS Channel Renamed to Twilio Channel – For more information, see Adding the Twilio Channel.
- User Interface Enhancements – Errors and warnings are displayed in real-time, zoom controls are added to expand or reduces the dialog task viewing display, search field added for searching component titles, and a new color schema added to provide better contrast for tracing components. For more information, see Using the Dialog Builder Tool.
- Knowledge Tasks – Support added in the Train Bot feature for Knowledge Tasks. For more information, see Training Your Bot.
The following list describes bug fixes for existing features in Bot Builder since the last release.
- Not all channels are displayed in the Add Channel Override drop-down list.
- An error message is displayed when deleting and recreating a Bot with the same name.