By default, your Virtual Assistant is not available to users unless you define one or more channels through which it can communicate. So, after creating a Virtual Assistant, you can add delivery channels that end-users can use to access and interact with it when deployed. For example, you can enable your assistant for use in the Kore.ai Messaging application, or allow interaction with your VA through an email address or a Twilio SMS account. You can also enable your VA in third-party applications such as Facebook or Slack. This topic describes how to add one or more delivery channels to your VA.
You can add channels to your VA from the Deploy > Channels section. Channels supported by the Kore.ai XO Platform are categorized based upon their functionality and usage.
Enable a Channel
To enable one or more channels for your VA, follow the below steps:
- Open the assistant for which you want to add the channels.
- Go to Deploy > Channels.
- Click the name of the channel you want to add. This opens the instructions page to install the channel.
- Click Next or the Configuration tab to open the configuration page for the channel. This image below shows the configuration page of the Skype for Business channel.
Editing, Disabling or Deleting Channels
To edit a channel configuration, click on it in the channels list, make your changes and save.
To enable/disable or delete the channel, hover over it in the channels list and click the Settings icon in the top right corner.
- If the channel is enabled, you will have the option to Disable it, and vice versa.
- There is also the option to Delete the channel integration.
Below is a list of all channels you can connect to via the Kore.ai XO Platform:
Click the icon of the channel you want to add, and then configure the channel to work with your Kore.ai bot. The page with Instructions and Configuration settings will slide out.