The Agent Transfer Node transfers the communications from the VA to a live agent. You can use the Agent Transfer node in a conditional dialog flow to move a user to a conversation with a live agent. For example,when the VA cannot identify the user intent, or when tone analysis indicates the user is not satisfied with the communication, or on manual request by a user.
When a user is transferred using the Agent Transfer node, the dialog task ends and the agent controls the remaining portion of the conversation.
The Agent Transfer node is managed as an Integration, using API. This means that once the Agent Transfer node triggers within the Dialog Task, the integration is initiated and the conversation is transferred to your helpdesk, where an agent can take it over
In this article you will learn how to implement the Agent Transfer node in your Dialog Tasks.
Register an App
To configure an Agent Transfer node in your dialog task, you need to create an app and generate registration credentials using the Kore.ai SDK. These credentials are required to exchange messages between your application and the Kore.ai XO Platform.
Follow the below steps to register your Agent Transfer app:
- Go to Deploy > Integrations > Agent Transfer.
- On the Agent Transfer page, click Add next to the App Name drop-down list.
- On the Create Client App window, enter the app name in the Name field. For example, Agent Transfer.
Note: RS256 and RS512 JWT signing algorithms are not supported for Custom BotKit or Botkit.
- Click Next. The Client ID and Client Secret are generated.
- In the Callback URL field, enter the URL for the application that you want Kore.ai to push data to. For example, https://koremessenger.com/postURL.
Note: The registration app you create is based on the Callback URL applicable to all tasks for the VA. While each task can have unique SDK configurations, the Callback URL is the same. Create separate VAs for separate application Callback URLs for live agent transfers.
- Under the PII Data section, define how sensitive information should be handled. If there is a need to share unmasked data when an agent session is in progress, even when PII redaction is enabled, select the Do not mask and send original data to Agent BotKit. Else, go with the default setting of Mask and send sensitive data to Agent BotKit.
- Under the Access Using a Connector section, indicate if your URL is behind a firewall and a Connector has to be used.
- Click Save.
For details on managing the API integration, please see the following articles:
Set Up the Agent Transfer Node
Setting up an Agent Transfer node in a dialog task involves the following steps:
- Select the VA you want to work with.
- Open the dialog task to add the Agent Transfer node to.
- Click the + icon next to the node under which you want to add the Agent Transfer node.Select Agent Transfer > New Agent Transfer Node. Alternatively, use drag and drop to add the node from the left side nodes panel.
- On the Agent Transfer window, by default, the Component Properties tab is displayed.
- Enter a Name and Display Name for the node. For example, LiveAgent.
- In the Containment Type section, choose the following options:
- Mark as Agent Transfer – To hand-off conversations to an agent when the VA is configured to transfer the conversation session to an agent transfer integration or custom integration. Indicates that the conversation was transferred to a live agent using the Agent Transfer node in the Dialog Flow. Learn more.
- Mark as Self Service – To mark conversations as self-service when the session reaches this node. Indicates that the conversation (initiated by the user) with a VA was successfully completed or informs that VA is not trained to handle a user’s request. Learn more.
- In the Chat Settings section, click the View Config link to view agent transfer settings for each agent transfer integration that are configured.
- In the View Config page, you can view the agent configuration details.
- Click Close to return to the Agent Transfer Node settings page.
- In the Voice Settings section, click the Configure link to configure the IVR Channel Voice Call Properties. Learn more.
- In the Variable Namespaces section, associate the Variable Namespaces to execute this node and its transitions. This option is visible only when the Variable Namespace is enabled for the VA. You can go with the task level settings or customize it for this node. For more information, refer to Managing Namespace.
|Note: Any changes in this tab will affect all instances of the node within all dialog tasks that invoke it. Proceed with caution.|
This is where you can configure the instance specific fields for this agent transfer node. These are applicable only for this instance and will not affect this agent transfer node being used in any other dialog.
For Agent Transfer node instances, you can configure tags to build custom profiles of your VAs conversations. Read more about Custom Tags.