The Conversation Designer is a dialog task editor which allows you to design and build a conversation flow between a user and a Virtual Assistant.
In the XO Platform, the Conversation Designer comes in two versions, each designed to fulfill a specific function:
- An adapted version for prototyping with Mock Scenes, Conversation Designers or BAs can use Mock Scenes to design and visualize VA-User conversation prototypes.
- A fully featured version for developing Dialog Tasks. Once a prototype is ready to be implemented, the entire team of Conversation Designers/BAs and implementation engineers can switch to the fully featured version of the Conversation Designer to collaboratively create Dialog Tasks and develop a fully functional VA.As part of a Dialog Task, the Conversation Designer works in sync with the Dialog Builder.
- An integrated approach for conversation designers (or business analysts) and developers to collaboratively build a dialog.
- Ability to define a dialog in a conversation view – conversation designers or BAs can design the VA in this view as a series of VA Bot messages and User messages.
- Auto-generation of tasks in the build view – the developers can fine-tune the configurations and expand on top of the conversation flow to provide the necessary logic and fulfillment elements, leading to a fully functional Virtual Assistant.
- Improved usability and intuitiveness.
- Automatic sync between the views, meaning that changes to one view updates the other.
- Design conversations using a combination of natural language and business processes.
- Work with either chat widget or flowchart style, interlinked message nodes and paths to ensure that your assistant can handle a wide variety of conversation and logic flows.
- Collaborate using notes and comments.
- Manage advanced VA behavior depending on the user response.
- Work with both the Conversation Designer and Dialog Builder in parallel, to ensure a proper exchange in terms of both natural language and logic.