The Kore.ai Admin Console is where virtual assistant project administrators can manage Kore.ai assistants and related tasks, users, security, billing, and more, at an organization level. This article provides an overview of the Admin Console, taking you through prerequisites, access options and a recommended workflow.
To sign up for an Admin account, you must meet the following requirements:
- A valid email address.
- A validated Kore.ai user account. If you do not have a user account, Kore.ai will create a user account for you, and you must validate that account before proceeding.
- Authorization to control the Admin account. Only one user in an account can be the primary Admin. The Primary Admin can add multiple other users as admins with custom defined permissions.
Accessing the Admin Console
You can access the Admin Console from the XO Platform using the Got To Admin Console option, under your user account menu.
You can also access the Admin Console by going directly to: https://bots.kore.ai/Admin
|Note: These options are available only for the XO Platform account Administrator.|
In case you have access to multiple accounts, the same will be listed for selection. You can set one as the default account.
The Kore.ai XO Platform offers an additional layer of security beyond username and password during account sign-in with Two-Factor Authentication (2FA). 2FA when enabled, prompts for a security code verification after you’ve entered your username and password. Learn more.
Kore.ai triggers a session timeout after 15 mins of idle time to prevent unauthorized access. In such scenarios, you will be taken to your account admin console and asked to sign-in again.
As an Admin, you can enroll users, manage admin and custom roles, define security settings, and manage Virtual Assistants in your company. The following illustration is an example of the Admin Console with the Dashboard page displayed. Refer here for more on the Admin Dashboard.
Getting Started as an XO Platform Admin
When you first start using the Kore.ai XO Platform, using the Admin Console, you should start inviting and adding users to join the Kore.ai account for your company.
You can also control access to individual assistants in your enterprise account. For managing access to assistants, see here.
If your enterprise has varied departments, with each having individual and separate assistant requirements, it is advisable to segregate the development into Groups. You can create groups of users and assign assistants to the groups as needed. For managing groups, see here.
Let us look at inviting and adding users to join your enterprise account. For this scenario, we will assume an example user, that Bob at email@example.com has never signed up for the Kore.ai XO Platform and is a company employee that you want to manage. To invite and allow Bob to use the XO Platform, you’ll need to follow this process:
- Invite Bob to join Kore.ai by sending him an invite.
- Bob enrolls in Kore.ai using the link you sent in the invite. Using this link, Bob signs up and provides a password and other user info for his account.
- Once the sign-up process is complete, you can assign him to one or more assistants.
- You can also assign various roles to the user.
The following sections describe how to achieve the above-mentioned steps from the Admin Console.
Step 1 – Inviting a New User
Let’s invite Bob to join Kore.ai.
- On the left navigation menu, click to expand the Enrollment module, and then click Invite. The Invite users to join Kore.ai page is displayed.
- Enter the email address of the user, in this case firstname.lastname@example.org. You can send invitations to five users at a given time.
- Click Send Invitations.
An email is sent to email@example.com with a link to sign up for Kore.ai. Bob clicks the link, signs up for Kore.ai, and becomes a user in your Kore.ai XO Platform account and is ready to be assigned assistants.
Step 2 – Assigning an Assistant
As an Admin, you can assign users to assistants. Before you can assign an assistant to a user, it should have been published to the enterprise.
For this example scenario, we assume that assistants have been published to your account.
- Since this assistant was deployed for Enterprise use, it is displayed on the Enterprise Bots page, as shown in the following image.
- In the Bot & task assignments dialog, select Assign Bot’s tasks and then choose Assign individual users, select Bob from the list of users (you will see Bob’s name only after he has accepted the invitation and joined Kore.ai) and then click Done.
- To save and apply the changes, in the Bot & task assignments dialog, click Apply.
- In the Bot Assignment successful dialog, click OK.
Step 3 – Assigning a Role
You can assign Roles to the user. By default the roles of Master Admin, Bot Owner, Bot Developer and Bot Tester are created by the Platform. You can create your own custom roles, too (refer here for more).
To assign a role to a user follow these steps:
- From User Management, select Role Management.
- Hover over the role that you want to assign to the user and click the edit icon.
- From the Manage Role dialog, under the Assignments tab click Assign Role button.
- Type and select the User Name you want to add (Bob in this case).
Note: The role of Bot Owner is assigned at the time of Bot creation and can be changed either from the Bots Management module or from the XO Platform by the Bot Owner not from Role Management.