Dialog Tasks represent a core component of the XO Platform. Together with the Conversation Designer, it is an essential tool in building conversations that are connected to your business logic.
Each task is composed of interlinked nodes that help retrieve information, perform actions, connect with external apps, send messages to users, and more.
While working with Dialog Tasks, you will be interacting with a variety of related features, including:
- Sub-intent management & Node Grouping – You can configure sub-intents within a task using group nodes, or configure a task as a subintent.
- Component Transitions – Each node can be configured to connect to other nodes according to specific if-else conditions that you can customize based on a variety of criteria.
- Voice and IVR integration – Relevant nodes can be integrated with voice and IVR tools so that your users may be assisted via voice as well.
- User and Error Prompt management – Task nodes allow you to customize the messaging seen by users when they interact with that node or when there is an error.
- The Context Object – You can use the Context Object as a container for data that can be used across tasks, intents and FAQs.
Dialog Tasks are also part of the Storyboard feature, where you can see an overview of your intents, conversations and FAQs.