The Kore.ai Bots Platform contains many new and enhanced features. This topic lists and describes most of those new and enhanced features as release notes for each new Bots Platform major product release.
Bots Platform v7.1
This section contains major and minor release information for the Kore.ai Bots Platform v7.1 released on Nov 2, 2019.
This release includes features that help enhance the developer to better analyze by offering Custom Reports & Dashboard, engage users with Custom Small Talk and manage Knowledge Graph more efficiently. Many features have been improved to simplify the overall Bot building experience.
Custom Reports and Dashboards
Metrics collected from Bot user conversations can be used to extract key insights that can drive business.
Custom Dashboards allow developers to design their own reports and dashboards to meet business needs using a combination of built-in metrics as well as custom KPIs based on user demographics or context information. Data from these reports can be presented as graphical widgets on a dashboard and can also be exported into external formats. These reports can also be accessed over APIs for sharing with the existing business intelligence or analytics tools. Learn more.
Custom Small Talk UI Editor
The ability to engage end-users in casual conversations helps socialize Bots and improves recall rates.
Using Custom Small Talk feature, Bot developer can now extend the bot’s built-in Small Talk abilities, build a personality and train the bot to conduct casual conversations around the organization’s areas of interest. Developers can also build nested conversations to answer follow-ups during a conversation and make the bot more engaging. Learn more.
When trying to experience how a Bot will pan out on a voice channel, a working IVR system needs to be in place, which is time (not to mention effort) taking and may not be feasible at all times.
Kore.ai offers an IVR Sandbox environment for instantly launching the bot for interactions over voice calls. Developer can call the bot by dialing the phone number and PIN allocated for the bot to develop and test the bot. This feature is available only on the cloud version of the platform. Learn More.
Tools to Manage Knowledge Graph
Designing and managing Knowledge Graph for a large volume of FAQs is a complex activity and can take a considerable amount of time.
Developers can now use Kore.ai’s Knowledge Graph Generator to quickly build Bot’s Knowledge Graph to answer FAQs. Upload the FAQs and the tool will extract key terms from the FAQs, define the hierarchy between these terms, and also associate the FAQs to the right terms. Learn more.
The Knowledge Graph Inspect tool helps in identifying any potential issues in the Knowledge Graphs and also suggests possible corrective measures that can assist in fine-tuning the Knowledge Graph. Learn more.
End of Conversation Event
Providing a nifty experience at the end of a conversation is as important as the experience at the beginning of a conversation. Using the End of Conversation event, developers can now customize the experience by providing personalized follow-ups, collect feedback or any other metrics for deriving insights, etc. They can also use this event to define how and when the calls should be terminated for voice-based channels. Learn more.
New Language Support
Users can now chat with the bots in the Swedish language.
Custom Debug Logs
Developers can now capture debug logs for the end-user interactions. Debug statements can be added anywhere as part of the bot definition and the logs will be emitted when the users interact with the bot from any of the channels enabled. Learn more.
Clone a Dialog Task
Chances are, in the course of Bot development, there will be tasks that have a lot in common (not enough to design sub dialogs) but differ in some finer aspects. To address such scenarios, Bot developers can clone a Dialog Task to create a copy and make changes in the new dialog task. Learn more.
The Fundamental Meaning engine uses a computational linguistics approach to match Task Names with user utterances. There might be cases where a common phrase is part of most of the Bot Tasks which may result in False Positives. In such cases, the FM engine’s ability to detect an intent using the words in the task name can be turned off. This setting will not hamper the intent detection using patterns. Learn more.
Delete Customer Data API
GDPR Compliance requires enterprises to delete their customer data when requested by their respective customers. The Kore.ai Bots Platform now provides an API for customer data deletion. This API can be used to delete the Bot customer data, if needed. Learn more.
- Improved Conversation Flow:
- Clustering of user utterances based on similarity so the Bot developer can easily review if the user utterances are going to the correct intents.
- Visualizing conversation flows to understand how users have interacted with each of the Bot’s tasks irrespective of when the task was invoked during a session. Developer may also switch back to the old view to compare how users have interacted with the bot across different sessions.
- Developers can now use Meta (Custom) Tag to filter Bot Builder and Bot Admin Console Dashboards and Chat History modules.
They can also view the tags applied against various metrics in Analyze module, Conversation History API and Bot Sessions API.
Values for existing tags can be updated to reflect any changes in the user profile or conversation behavior. Learn more.
- Bot Import & Export Enhancements:
- In Dialog Tasks with sub-intents, variables from the linked dialog tasks are now available for Post Assignment and usage within the current (parent) Dialog. Learn more.
- Bots platform now supports the RCS Business Messaging channel. Learn more.
- The integration approach for the following channels has been revised to cater to changes done by the respective channel providers:
- The following new public APIs have been introduced:
- Other Enhancements include:
- Ability to get reports on Success Tasks and Failed Tasks using message level meta-tags. Learn more.
- Support for JWT Custom Claim. Learn more.
- Ability to turn-off storing of end-users’ context information. Learn more.
- New variable in the context object to show the details of any on-hold tasks. Learn more.
- Support for disambiguation of ambiguous intents identified while a task is in progress. Learn more.
- Support for defining the order in which the entities are to be detected in Batch Testing. Learn more.
- Support for disambiguation of ambiguous values identified for Optional entities. Learn more.
- Provision during language detection in the context, for the details of the chosen language and other possible languages identified from user utterance. Learn more.
- Ability to delete custom variables stored from Enterprise Context, Bot Context, User Session and Bot User Session. Learn more.
- Remote Lookup Entity is enhanced to support entity extraction by the NLP engine when multiple results are returned by the backend system. Learn more.
- Enhancement to context object to hold the additional processing details when List of Items entities are processed. (#enum, #lookup)
- Support for Organization Employee ID in the User Profile information for syncronizing details during SAML integration.
- Support for exchanging user and agent activity via BotKit SDK for events like message delivered, message read and user typing, etc. Learn More.
- Enhanced audit Logs related to the Publish cycle to include the Comments provided by the developer as part of Publish flow. Learn more.
- Enhancements to Audit Logs in Bot Admin Console to capture additional details.
Previous Major Releases
This section contains archived Bots Platform release information.
Note: Version 3 was not released publicly.