FAQs allow you to add question-answer sets to your Knowledge Graph and map them to related ontology terms. This feature improves intent recognition and increases the performance of your VA.
|Note: There is a limit of 50k FAQs over 20k nodes to avoid performance issues.|
Notes on the Few-Shot Knowledge Graph
All features explained here are supported by the Few-Shot Knowledge Graph, except for the following:
To add an FAQ, follow the below steps:
- On the left pane of the Knowledge Graph window, click the node to which you want to add questions.
- Click Add Intent on the top-right.
- On the Intent window, under the Intent section, select FAQ.
- Optionally, enter a Display Name. This name will be used for presenting the FAQ to the end-users.
- In the Add Question field, enter the question that describes the user’s query.
- Optionally, if there are alternatives to the same question, add them in the Add Alternate FAQ field. Repeat the step for all the alternative questions you want to add.
- You can use patterns to define the FAQs. This can be done by preceding the pattern with || (two vertical bars) in the alternate question field. The Platform marks these as patterns and evaluates them accordingly (see here for more on patterns).
- For each question, you can add terms that will serve as tags in better identifying the question by the Knowledge Graph Engine.
- You can set the Intent Status as enabled or disabled for the FAQ intents. The Knowledge Graph will not use the FAQs intents that are in the enabled state. These intents will not participate in the intent recognition process during testing and end-user interaction.
- You can also set Term Status as enabled or disabled. The Knowledge Graph will only use the terms that are in the enabled state. The terms marked as disabled and all their FAQ intents do not participate in the intent recognition process during testing and end-user interaction.
- You can also add a Reference Id. This field can be used to add a reference to any external content used as a source for this FAQ.
As you enter these questions, pay attention to terms that you can further add to your FAQ hierarchy. Learn more.
Manage Bot Responses
For the Response, you can compose a simple or complex channel-specific reply. You can use the editor like any other prompt editor in the Platform i.e. messages for dialog nodes, etc, refer here for more. You can add channel-specific responses to questions in your Knowledge Graph. By varying the responses, you can make the language and formatting leverage the strengths of the selected channels. To add a channel-specific response, select the channel from the channels list before typing the response.
|Note: We recommend you add one response for All Channels so that it can be used in the absence of a channel-specific response.|
Sometimes the responses to the FAQ are quite lengthy or may include nice-to-have information along with the primary response. To improve the readability of such responses, you can split information into multiple responses that go as separate messages one after another by clicking Add Extended Response on the top-right of the Bot Response window.
Optionally, you can use Add Alternate Response if your question can have more than one answer. Repeat the step for all the alternative responses you want to add. At runtime, the platform will pick one response at random.
Add FAQs from an Existing Source
Chances are the Knowledge Graph you are trying to build is large and complex. If you have all the FAQs in one place you can use the Import or Extract process.
- You can use the Knowledge Graph Generator to generate Knowledge Graph from a FAQ list and import it to your VA. See here for the steps.
- You can use the Import option to import a Knowledge Graph exported from another VA. See here for more.
- You can use an existing list of Q&As from Knowledge Extraction to populate the Questions and Responses. See here for more.
Move FAQs Between Nodes
You can move one or more Questions and Response sets between nodes in your Knowledge Graph, as follows.
- On the Knowledge Graph, click the name of the node from which you want to move the FAQ. The intents associated to the node display on the right pane.
- Identify the FAQ that you want to move, and select the checkbox next to it. You can select multiple items.
- Drag the FAQ and drop it on the relevant node. The node is highlighted and the FAQ displays on the right pane of the node.
The demo below shows you how this works.
Edit FAQs and Responses
- From the nodes hierarchy, select the relevant term.
- FAQs associated with the term appear on the right pane.
- Hover over the Question or Response to edit it and click the edit icon.
- Make changes to the Question or Response and click Save.
- You can delete the Question using the bin icon.
- Selecting multiple intents lets you delete them in bulk.