To set up Ringcentral Glip as a channel, you will need to create an app on Ringcentral’s Developer Portal and enable a webhook for the platform to receive messages. To add RingCentral Glip as a channel for your bot, you will need to:
- Create RingCentral App– To enable RingCentral as a channel for your Kore.ai bot, you will need to create an App on RingCentral. Sign up for a RingCentral account if you do not have one already.
- Get App details– Navigate to Application credentials in the Apps tab to capture the Application Key and Application Secret for channel configuration.
- Create Extension- Create a new extension for your bot in your RingCentral account.
- Authorize- Authorize your account to generate a developer access token which enables Kore.ai bot platform to access Glip APIs.
- Apply for Production (Optional)- Once you have developed your app on Sandbox environment and when your app is ready to work in production, you need to follow the RingCentral app graduation process.
To add the RingCentral Glip channel:
- In the Bots section of the Bot Builder, click the Bot that you want to add the RingCentral Glib channel to.
- On the Channels tab, click the RingCentral Glip icon. The RingCentral Glip page gets displayed.
- Login to Ringcentral Developer Portal and navigate to My Apps section. Click on Create App button. Provide all the required details on the Create App – General Settings page and click on Next button.
- Enter additional information of the app in Create App – App Type & Platform screen. Do note that the options selected on this page are not editable once saved. After selecting following options, click on Next.
- You have to define the Permissions to be associated with this App. Select Webhook Subscriptions and Glip permissions. If you do not see Glip under permissions, get your app whitelisted by RingCentral.Copy the OAuth Redirect URI from the Configuration tab of RingCentral channel page and enter it in the OAuth Redirect URI field. Click on Create.
This will complete the app creation process and you would be redirected to App Dashboard page.
- Navigate to the Credentials tab of your app information. Copy the Application Key and Application Secret and enter them in the Configuration tab of the RingCentral Glip channel page.
Note: Copy and paste Application Key and Application Secret in the Configurations tab, according to the environment selected by you.
- The bot has to be associated with a non-admin user on your Ringcentral account. For this, we have to a create a new extension (user) on your Ringcentral account. Login to Ringcentral account (Sandbox | Production), navigate to Users tab and select Add User option. From the Add Users and Phones screen, select Add Users without Phone option and follow the instructions.
- After completing the user creation, click on the Unassigned Extensions tab in Users screen. Click on any of the unassigned users and you will be navigated to user profile information page. Enter all the required information and click on ‘Save & Enable’ button.
Note: The email address provided for this newly created user will receive an introductory email with instructions to activate the user. Please make a note of the username and password you have set for this new user. You have to use these credentials to Authorize the bot from the ‘Configuration’ tab.
- Bot has to be associated with a valid extension (user) on your Ringcentral account. Use the credentials of the new extension created in the previous step and Authorize the bot using the Configuration tab of Ringcentral Glip Channel page. This step will generate a developer access token which enables Kore.ai bot platform to access Glip API’s.
- If you have developed your app in Sandbox environment, and when your app is ready to work in production, follow steps mentioned under ‘Apply for Production’ section of Getting started guide of Ringcentral. Once your app is production ready, do note to update the Environment, Application Key, and Application Secret according to your production app in the ‘Configuration’ tab.
- In the Enable Channel section, select Yes and click on Save to enable channel.