Bot Builder v2.4
This section contains the release information for Bot Builder v2.4 released on June 14, 2017.
The following list describes new features added to Bot Builder since the last release.
- Agent Handler – Added ability to switch from bot to Live Agent.
- New event trigger for onAgentTransfer when Creating an App in the SDK Configuration section on the Settings tab. For more information, see SDK Configuration.
- New dialog task component node for Agent Transfer.
- New BotKit SDK function for Close Agent Session, and Get Chat Session Information
- Ability to mark a dialog as hidden
- Ability to add a Default dialog when user intent cannot be matched.
- BotKit SDK integration with LiveChat. For more information, see BotKit SDK Tutorial – Agent Transfer.
- Debugging and Error Handling Enhancements – For more information, see Logging in Using the Dialog Builder Tool..
- End of dialog added.
- Entity Types – For more information, see Working with the Entity Node.
- Quantity with selectable unit of measurement when defining an Entity node, as well as default unit.
- Address entity type handling supports all address formats.
- List of items (enumerated) – Added a settings icon for this type to define synonyms from a static list or List from context.
- Percentage – Support for %, percent, and percentage.
- Currency – Support for currency using format as XXCurrency as 20dollars, XX Currency as 20 dollars, and currency symbols, such as $20 or €20.
- Test Authorization – Added button Test in Bot Settings tab, Authorization section, hover over an authorization to show the button and test the definition.
- New User for Bot Builder Sign Up Experience – Only email address is required for initial sign up, and upon Enterprise Admin approval, new users creates profile on initial sign in.
- Natural Language Training – Dialog tasks can be trained as well as alerts and action tasks on the Natural Language tab, on the Training section. For more information, see Training Your Bot.
- Bot Builder UI Enhancements – Several UI changes were implemented to enhance the developer bot building experience.
- New icons in Properties panel in Dialog Task editor for each section.
- Error and warning icon indicator moved from component node to the appropriate section in the Properties panel for dialog tasks.
- Save/Cancel bar added in Properties panel in Dialog Task editor
- Default Dialog – Added section in Natural Language tab to define the dialog to run in the event the user intent is not recognized.
- Support to enable or disable ChatScript task intent match to be used when training a bot. When ChatScript is disabled, synonyms and patterns are not available, except for fields.
- Channels –
- RingCentral Glip – New channel added.
- Cisco Spark – Support for messaging to bots in group chats added.
- Facebook Workplace – Bot Store for Facebook Workplace added.
- Dialog Builder – Ability to export and import dialog task configurations from one bot to another. For more information, see Importing and Exporting Dialog Tasks in Using the Dialog Builder Tool.
- Bot Builder Billing – A developer can publish or share bots only as a paid user account for an enterprise.
UserContextobject now contains channel-specific identity data for Slack, Facebook, Spark, and Twitter. The new data is available as session keys.
- Manage Account – Using NLP, a user can manage their bot account, for example, manage profile, setup time zone, manage identities, add new email address, and so forth.
- BotKit SDK – Default message templates added. For more information, see Message Formatting and Templates.
The following list describes bug fixes for existing features in Bot Builder since the last release.
- Fixed – When only one alert frequency is defined, do not show other frequency options to the bot user.
- Fixed – Associated entities are not displayed when training a bot task.
- Fixed – On first use of a bot, the bot Welcome message should be displayed.
Bots Admin Console v2.4
This section contains the release information for Bots Admin Console v2.4 released on June 14, 2017.
- Billing – Removed from Bots Admin Console. Billing is handled by Kore Sales.
- Managed vs. Unmanaged Users – Removed concept. No ability to unmanage users.
- Claim Domain – New enterprise domains do not need to claim the domain to use Bots Admin Console.
Bot Store v2.4
This section contains the release information for Bot Store v2.4 released on June 14, 2017.
- Added ability to filter bots by Channel locate on the left-hand navigation menu in Kore.ai Bot Store and your Enterprise Bot Store.