Delay event helps you delay the execution of a step in the Process Apps.
Configure Delay Event
To configure a Delay event in the process flow, follow the below steps:
- On the left pane, you can find the Events section. Drag and drop the Delay stencil from this section to the builder.
- Click the Delay stencil to open the Delay window.
- On the Delay window, enter the following details:
- Name – Enter a name for the notification. For example, Task completion notification.
- Delay by – Provide input for delay, as in days, hours or minutes. You can also provide a combination of days, hours and minutes.
- For e.g. You can delay a step by 2 days 3 hours 4 minutes. In this case, the process app will halt at the delay step for 2 days 3 hours and 4 minutes
- You can use the variables or data from the form that are part of the process apps to define a condition to delay the process app at a step
- For e.g. You could say, if amount > 5000$ delay by 2 days 3 hours and 4 minutes
- Else Continue execution and do not delay
- Or After an orientation task is sent to the manager of the new hire, you want the process to pause for 1 week before another task is sent to their manager to follow-up.
- Close the Delay window.