Kore.ai provides integration for a built-in PagerDuty Bot that you can use to display message notifications and execute tasks directly from the Kore.ai application. To use the PagerDuty Bot, you just need to add the Bot to your Kore.ai account, and then configure the settings for the Bot, such as authentication to access PagerDuty, and the notification messages that you want. This topic describes the PagerDuty built-in Bot for Kore.ai. For more information about other Kore.ai Bots, see Adding Bots.
About the Kore.ai Bot for PagerDuty
PagerDuty is an alarm aggregation and dispatching service for system administrators and support teams. It collects alerts from your monitoring tools, gives you an overall view of all of your monitoring alarms, and generates alerts if there’s a problem.
|Integration Type||Webhook – Connect to this Bot using a webhook integration where the web application pushes message notifications in near real time.|
|Category||Project Management – This Bot is available in the Kore.ai application in the Project Management category.|
To configure a PagerDuty webhook for Kore.ai, you must have a PagerDuty account with administrator access as well as API access to configure a webhook. If you don’t, you’ll need to contact the PagerDuty system administrator for your company. For more information, see the Understanding PagerDuty User Roles in the PagerDuty documentation.
To get started configuring the webhook in PagerDuty, you’ll need two things:
- The Kore.ai webhook URL provided when you set up an alert in your Kore.ai account for each alert that you want to enable in PagerDuty.
- A valid Username and Password for an account with PagerDuty API access.
The webhook URL is account-specific and cannot be transferred to any other account. This means that if you configure a PagerDuty webhook using a test account, you will have to recreate the alert and get a new webhook URL to configure in PagerDuty. The following URL is an example webhook URL.
This procedure describes the steps in PagerDuty to configure a webhook using a Kore.ai webhook URL endpoint.
First you will create a service, and then for that service, you can add a webhook.
- Log on to PagerDuty, point to Configuration on the top menu bar, and then click Services. The Services page is displayed.
- On the Services tab, click Add a New Service. The Add a Service page is displayed.
- In the Name field, enter a name for the service to use in the PagerDuty application.
- Leave Escalation Policy and Notification Urgency set to default settings.
- In the Integration type field, select Use our API directly, and then click Add Service. The new Service page is displayed.
- In the Webhooks section for the service you created, click Add a webhook.
- In the Name field, enter a name for the webhook to use in the PagerDuty application.
- In the Endpoint URL field, enter the Kore.ai webhook URL for the alert, and then click Save to save and close the Webhooks dialog.
For more information, see Webhooks in the PagerDuty documentation.
After you are connected, you can perform tasks for PagerDuty directly from the Kore.ai application and setup message notifications to get notified in the Kore.ai application when an event occurs in PagerDuty.
The following table describes PagerDuty tasks that you can integrate with Kore.ai.
|TASK||TO CONFIGURE THIS TASK…|
|Resolve Incident||In the Perform Task dialog,
In a space room, you can enter the @pagerduty resolveincid Bot command to invoke and configure this task.
|Reassign Incident||In the Perform Task dialog,
In a space room, you can enter the @pagerduty reassignincid Bot command to invoke and configure this task.
|Acknowledge Incident||In the Perform Task dialog,
In a space room, you can enter the @pagerduty ackincid Bot command to invoke and configure this task.
You can setup message notifications to your Kore.ai account using a PagerDuty webhook. Click , click Get notified when…, click Incident Updates, and then in the Setup Task dialog:
- click the Activate button to generate a Webhook URL.
- copy and save the URL, or click Email Instructions to send the URL to an email account. For more information, see Configuring PagerDuty Webhooks.
- optionally customize the Task Name
- optionally customize the Short Description
- enable or disable Mute task notifications.
After the webhook is configured in PagerDuty, when any of the events occur in PagerDuty, a message is displayed on the Bots tab in the Messages section for the Kore.ai account.