Kore.ai provides integration for a built-in Kiln Bot that you can use to display message notifications and execute tasks directly from the Kore.ai application. To use the Kiln Bot, you just need to add the Bot to your Kore.ai account, and then configure the settings for the Bot, such as authentication to access Kiln, and the notification messages that you want. This topic describes the Kiln built-in Bot for Kore.ai. For more information about other Kore.ai Bots, see Adding Bots
About the Kore.ai Bot for Kiln
Kiln provides Git and Mercurial version control and source code hosting.
|Integration Type||Webhook – Connect to this Bot using a webhook integration where the web application pushes message notifications in near real time.|
|Category||Developer Tools – This Bot is available in the Kore.ai application in the Developer Tools category.|
To configure a Kiln webhook for Kore.ai, you must have a Kiln account with administrator access as well as API access to configure a webhook. If you don’t, you’ll need to contact the Kiln system administrator for your company. For more information, see the Project and Repository Permissions in the Kiln documentation.
To get started configuring the webhook in Kiln, you’ll need two things:
- The Kore.ai webhook URL provided when you set up an alert in your Kore.ai account for each alert that you want to enable in Kiln.
- A valid Username and Password for an account with Kiln API access.
The webhook URL is account-specific and cannot be transferred to any other account. This means that if you configure a Kiln webhook using a test account, you will have to recreate the alert and get a new webhook URL to configure in Kiln. The following URL is an example webhook URL.
This procedure describes the steps in Kiln to configure a custom webhook using a Kore.ai webhook URL endpoint.
- Log on to Kiln, and then click your Avatar icon on the top right.
- In the Kiln Administration section, click Web Hooks.
- On the About Web Hooks page, click Create a new web hook to get started. The Web Hooks page is displayed.
- In the Name field, enter a name for the webhook used in the Kiln application.
- In the TYPE section, click A custom hook.
- In the DESCRIPTION section, in the URL field, enter the Kore.ai webhook URL for the alert.
- In the REPOSITORIES section, select one or more repositories to trigger the webhook, or click Click here if all repositories should trigger this hook.
- Click Create web hook to save and close the Web Hooks page.
For more information, see Web Hooks: Integrating Kiln with Other Services in the Kiln documentation.
You can setup message notifications to your Kore.ai account using a Kiln webhook. Click , click Get notified when…, click Commit Notifications, and then in the Setup Task dialog:
- click the Activate button to generate a Webhook URL.
- copy and save the URL, or click Email Instructions to send the URL to an email account. For more information, see Configuring Kiln Webhooks.
- optionally customize the Task Name
- optionally customize the Short Description
- enable or disable Mute task notifications.
After the webhook is configured in Kiln, when any of the events occur in Kiln, a message is displayed on the Bots tab in the Messages section for the Kore.ai account.