Kore.ai provides integration for a built-in Codeship Bot that you can use to display message notifications and execute tasks directly from the Kore.ai application. To use the Codeship Bot, you just need to add the Bot to your Kore.ai account, and then configure the settings for the Bot, such as authentication to access Codeship, and the notification messages that you want. This topic describes the Codeship built-in Bot for Kore.ai. For more information about other Kore.ai Bots, see Adding Bots.
About the Kore.ai Bot for Codeship
Codeship provides a hosted continuous integration and delivery platform for web applications.
|Integration Type||Webhook – Connect to this Bot using a webhook integration where the web application pushes message notifications in near real time.|
|Category||Developer Tools – This Bot is available in the Kore.ai application in the Developer Tools category.|
To configure a Codeship webhook for Kore.ai, you must have a Codeship account with administrator access as well as API access to configure a webhook. If you don’t, you’ll need to contact the Codeship system administrator for your company. For more information, see the Codeship Documentation.
To get started configuring the webhook in Codeship, you’ll need two things:
- The Kore.ai webhook URL provided when you set up an alert in your Kore.ai account for each alert that you want to enable in Codeship.
- A valid Username and Password for an account with Codeship API access.
The webhook URL is account-specific and cannot be transferred to any other account. This means that if you configure a Codeship webhook using a test account, you will have to recreate the alert and get a new webhook URL to configure in Codeship. The following URL is an example webhook URL.
This procedure describes the steps in Codeship to configure a webhook using a Kore.ai webhook URL endpoint.
- Log on to Codeship and select your Project.
- Click the Settings icon for the project, and then click Notifications to open the Webhooks dialog.
- In the Webhook URL field, enter the Kore.ai webhook URL for the alert.
- Select Enabled.
- Save and close the settings to enable the webhook.
For more information, see Webhooks in the Codeship documentation.
You can setup message notifications to your Kore.ai account using a Codeship webhook. Click , click Get notified when…, click Build Updates, and then in the Setup Task dialog:
- click the Activate button to generate a Webhook URL.
- copy and save the URL, or click Email Instructions to send the URL to an email account. For more information, see Configuring Codeship Webhooks.
- optionally customize the Task Name
- optionally customize the Short Description
- enable or disable Mute task notifications.
After the webhook is configured in Codeship, when any of the events occur in Codeship, a message is displayed on the Bots tab in the Messages section for the Kore.ai account.