Kore.ai provides integration for a built-in Desk.com Bot that you can use to display message notifications and execute tasks directly from the Kore.ai application. To use the Desk.com Bot, you just need to add the Bot to your Kore.ai account, and then configure the settings for the Bot, such as authentication to access Desk.com, and the notification messages that you want. This topic describes the Desk.com built-in Bot for Kore.ai. For more information about other Kore.ai Bots, see Adding Bots.
About the Kore.ai Bot for Desk.com
Desk.com is an all-in-one customer support application that helps small businesses:
• Get up and running in minutes
• Quickly respond to customers across every channel
• Scale support and grow faster than ever
|Integration Type||Webhook – Connect to this Bot using a webhook integration where the web application pushes message notifications in near real time.|
|Category||Customer Support – This Bot is available in the Kore.ai application in the Customer Support category.|
To configure a Desk.com webhook for Kore.ai, you must have a Desk.com account with administrator access as well as API access to configure a webhook. If you don’t, you’ll need to contact the Desk.com system administrator for your company. For more information, see the Developer Articles in the Desk.com documentation.
To get started configuring the webhook in Desk.com, you’ll need two things:
- The Kore.ai webhook URL provided when you set up an alert in your Kore.ai account for each alert that you want to enable in Desk.com.
- A valid Username and Password for an account with Desk.com API access.
The webhook URL is account-specific and cannot be transferred to any other account. This means that if you configure a Desk.com webhook using a test account, you will have to recreate the alert and get a new webhook URL to configure in Desk.com. The following URL is an example webhook URL.
Configuring a Desk.com Webhook
This procedure describes the steps in Desk.com to configure a webhook using a Kore.ai webhook URL endpoint.
- Log on to Desk.com, and then in the lefthand navigation menu, at the bottom, click the Settings icon. The Admin Console is displayed.
- Click Cases. The Case Management menu is displayed.
- Click Integration URLs, and then at the top of the Integration URL page, click Add Integration URL. The Add New Integration URL dialog is displayed.
- In the Name field, enter the name of the webhook used in the Desk.com application.
- Optionally, in the Description field, enter a description for the webhook used in theDesk.com application.
- Set Open Location to On top of case.
- In the URL field, enter the Kore.ai webhook URL for the alert.
- Set the Enabled field to Yes.
- Set Permission to this Integration URL to All Users.
- Click Add to save a close the Add New Integration URL dialog.
For more information, see Activating Webhooks in the Desk.com documentation.
You can setup message notifications to your Kore.ai account using a Desk.com web service. Click , click Get notified when…, click Customer Updates, and then in the Setup Task dialog:
- click the Activate button to generate a Webhook URL.
- copy and save the URL, or click Email Instructions to send the URL to an email account. For more information, see Configuring Desk.com Webhooks.
- optionally customize the Task Name
- optionally customize the Short Description
- enable or disable Mute task notifications.
After the webhook is configured in Desk.com, when any of the events occur in Desk.com, a message is displayed on the Bots tab in the Messages section for the Kore.ai account.