Kore.ai provides integration for a built-in Crashlytics Bot that you can use to display message notifications and execute tasks directly from the Kore.ai application. To use the Crashlytics Bot, you just need to add the Bot to your Kore.ai account, and then configure the settings for the Bot, such as authentication to access Crashlytics, and the notification messages that you want. This topic describes the Crashlytics built-in Bot for Kore.ai. For more information about other Kore.ai Bots, see Adding Bots.
About the Kore.ai Bot for Crashlytics
Crashlytics is a real time crash reporting application for mobile applications.
|Integration Type||Webhook – Connect to this Bot using a webhook integration where the web application pushes message notifications in near real time.|
|Category||Monitoring & Analytics – This Bot is available in the Kore.ai application in the Monitoring & Analytics category.|
To configure a Crashlytics webhook for Kore.ai, you must have a Crashlytics account with administrator access as well as API access to configure a webhook. If you don’t, you’ll need to contact the Crashlytics system administrator for your company. For more information, see the Support for Crashlytics.
To get started configuring the webhook in Crashlytics, you’ll need two things:
- The Kore.ai webhook URL provided when you set up an alert in your Kore.ai account for each alert that you want to enable in Crashlytics.
- A valid Username and Password for an account with Crashlytics API access.
The webhook URL is account-specific and cannot be transferred to any other account. This means that if you configure a Crashlytics webhook using a test account, you will have to recreate the alert and get a new webhook URL to configure in Crashlytics. The following URL is an example webhook URL.
This procedure describes the steps in Crashlytics to configure a webhook using a Kore.ai webhook URL endpoint.
- Log on to Crashlytics, and then on your User icon located in the top rightmost corner, click Settings. The Settings page is displayed.
- Click Apps, and then click the app that you want to create a webhook for.
- On the App Details page, in the Service Hooks section, click Web Hook. The WebHook dialog is displayed.
- Click Reconfigure.
- In the Enter the URL to receive our JSON data POST field, enter the Kore.ai webhook URL for the alert.
- Click Verify to validate and save the webhook configuration
For more information, see How do I configure a custom Webhook in the Crashlytics documentation.
You can setup message notifications to your Kore.ai account using a Crashlytics webhook. Click , click Get notified when…, click Crash Notifications via Webhook, and then in the Setup Task dialog:
- click the Activate button to generate a Webhook URL.
- copy and save the URL, or click Email Instructions to send the URL to an email account. For more information, see Configuring Crashlytics Webhooks.
- optionally customize the Task Name
- optionally customize the Short Description
- enable or disable Mute task notifications.
After the webhook is configured in Crashlytics, when any of the events occur in Crashlytics, a message is displayed on the Bots tab in the Messages section for the Kore.ai account.