Kore.ai provides integration for a built-in AppSignal Bot that you can use to display message notifications and execute tasks directly from the Kore.ai application. To use the AppSignal Bot, you just need to add the Bot to your Kore.ai account, and then configure the settings for the Bot, such as authentication to access AppSignal, and the notification messages that you want. This topic describes the AppSignal built-in Bot for Kore.ai. For more information about other Kore.ai Bots, see Adding Bots.
About the Kore.ai Bot for AppSignal
AppSignal is a complete monitoring service that tracks performance and exceptions in your Ruby on Rails applications and background processes.
|Integration Type||Webhook – Connect to this Bot using a webhook integration where the web application pushes message notifications in near real time.|
|Category||Developer Tools – This Bot is available in the Kore.ai application in the Developer Tools category.|
To configure an AppSignal webhook for Kore.ai, you must have an AppSignal account with administrator access as well as API access to configure a webhook. If you don’t, you’ll need to contact the AppSignal system administrator for your company.
To get started configuring the webhook in AppSignal, you’ll need two things:
- The Kore.ai webhook URL provided when you set up an alert in your Kore.ai account for each alert that you want to enable in AppSignal.
- A valid Username and Password for an account with AppSignal API access.
- A configured app running in AppSignal.
The webhook URL is account-specific and cannot be transferred to any other account. This means that if you configure an AppSignal webhook using a test account, you will have to recreate the alert and get a new webhook URL to configure in AppSignal. The following URL is an example webhook URL.
This procedure describes the steps in AppSignal to configure a webhook using a Kore.ai webhook URL endpoint.
- Log on to AppSignal, and then on the top menu bar, click Choose an app, and then select the app that you want to add a Kore.ai webhook to.
- On the left navigation menu, in the App Settings section, click Integrations.
- In the App-wide notification integrations section, in the Webhook row, clickconfigure.
- In the Configure this integration section, in the Webhook URL field, enter the Kore.ai webhook URL for the alert.
- Click Submit to save the configuration.
For more information, see AppSignal Integrations in the AppSignal documentation.
You can setup message notifications to your Kore.ai account using a AppSignal webhook. Click , click Get notified when…, click AppSignal Alerts Via Webhook, and then in the Setup Task dialog:
- click the Activate button to generate a Webhook URL.
- copy and save the URL, or click Email Instructions to send the URL to an email account. For more information, see Configuring AppSignal Webhooks.
- optionally customize the Task Name
- optionally customize the Short Description
- enable or disable Mute task notifications.
After the webhook is configured in AppSignal, when any of the events occur in AppSignal, a message is displayed on the Bots tab in the Messages section for the Kore.ai account.