Kore.ai provides integration for a built-in Semaphore Bot that you can use to display message notifications and execute tasks directly from Kore.ai Messenger or other supported channel. To use the Semaphore Bot, you just need to add the Bot to your channel, and then configure the settings for the Bot, such as authentication to access Semaphore, and the notification messages that you want. This topic describes the Semaphore built-in Bot for Kore.ai. For more information about other Kore.ai Bots, see Adding Bots.
About the Kore.ai Bot for Semaphore
Semaphore is a hosted continuous-integration and deployment service for open source and private software projects. You can use this Bot to get notification messages for repository changes such as commit, or deploy.
|Integration Type||Webhook – Connect to this Bot using a webhook integration where the web application pushes message notifications in near real time.|
|Category||Developer Tools – This Bot is available in the Kore.ai application in the Developer Tools category.|
|Channels||Kore.ai – This Bot is available in the Kore.ai Messenger application.
Spark – This Bot is available in the Cisco Spark application.
To configure a Semaphore webhook for Kore.ai, you must have a Semaphore account with administrator access as well as API access to configure a webhook. If you don’t, you’ll need to contact the Semaphore system administrator for your company. For more information, see the Semaphore Documentation.
To get started configuring the webhook in Semaphore, you’ll need two things:
- The Kore.ai webhook URL provided when you set up an alert in your Kore.ai account for each alert that you want to enable in Semaphore.
- A valid Username and Password for an account with Semaphore API access.
The webhook URL is account-specific and cannot be transferred to any other account. This means that if you configure a Semaphore webhook using a test account, you will have to recreate the alert and get a new webhook URL to configure in Semaphore. The following URL is an example webhook URL.
This procedure describes the steps in Semaphore to configure a webhook using a Kore.ai webhook URL endpoint.
- Log on to Semaphore, and then on the Your Projects page, select the project that you want to add a webhook to. The < Your Project Name > page is displayed.
- At the top of the page, click Project Settings. The Project Settings page is displayed.
- On the left navigation menu, click Notifications. The Your Personal Email Notifications Settings page is displayed.
- Click Webhooks. The Post-build webhooks page is displayed.
- Click Add Webhook.
- In the URL field, enter the Kore.ai webhook URL for the alert.
- Optionally, specify when Semaphore should create an alert in the Receive after field.
- Click Save Settings.
For more information, see Notifications in the Semaphore documentation.
You can setup message notifications to your Kore.ai account using a Semaphore webhook. Click , click Get notified when…, click Build Update, and then in the Setup Task dialog:
- click the Activate button to generate a Webhook URL.
- copy and save the URL, or click Email Instructions to send the URL to an email account. For more information, see Configuring Semaphore Webhooks.
- optionally customize the Task Name
- optionally customize the Short Description
- enable or disable Mute task notifications
- and then click Finish.
After the webhook is configured in Semaphore, when any of the events occur in Semaphore, a message is displayed on the Bots page in Kore.ai Messenger or your supported channel.