Kore.ai provides integration for a built-in MailChimp Bot that you can use to display message notifications and execute tasks directly from the Kore.ai application. To use the MailChimp Bot, you just need to add the Bot to your Kore.ai account, and then configure the settings for the Bot, such as authentication to access MailChimp, and the notification messages that you want. This topic describes the MailChimp built-in Bot for Kore.ai. For more information about other Kore.ai Bots, see Adding Bots.
About the Kore.ai Bot for MailChimp
MailChimp is a web-based issue tracking tool that provides bug tracking, issue tracking, and project management functions.
|Integration Type||Webhook – Connect to this Bot using a webhook integration where the web application pushes message notifications in near real time.|
|Category||Marketing – This Bot is available in the Kore.ai application in the Marketing category.|
To configure a MailChimp webhook for Kore.ai, you must have a MailChimp account with administrator access as well as API access to configure a webhook. If you don’t, you’ll need to contact the MailChimp system administrator for your company. For more information, see the MailChimp Knowledgebase.
To get started configuring the webhook in MailChimp, you’ll need two things:
- The Kore.ai webhook URL provided when you set up an alert in your Kore.ai account for each alert that you want to enable in MailChimp.
- A valid Username and Password for an account with MailChimp API access.
The webhook URL is account-specific and cannot be transferred to any other account. This means that if you configure a MailChimp webhook using a test account, you will have to recreate the alert and get a new webhook URL to configure in MailChimp. The following URL is an example webhook URL.
This procedure describes the steps in MailChimp to configure a webhook using a Kore.ai webhook URL endpoint.
- Log on to MailChimp, and then on the menu bar, click Lists.
- On the Lists page, click the list that you want to add a webhook to.
- On the selected List page, on the menu bar, click Settings, and then click Webhooks. The Webhooks page is displayed.
- Click Create New Webhook. The Create new webhook page is displayed.
- In the Callback URL field, enter the Kore.ai webhook URL for the alert.
- In the What type of updates should we send section, select one or more events that you want to initiate a Kore.ai alert message for.
- In the Only send updates when a changes is made … section, select one or more filter options that you want to initiate a Kore.ai alert message, and then click Save.
For more information, see How to Set Up Webhooks in the MailChimp documentation.
You can setup message notifications to your Kore.ai account using a MailChimp webhook. Click , click Get notified when…, click MailChimp Alerts, and then in the Setup Task dialog:
- click the Activate button to generate a Webhook URL.
- copy and save the URL, or click Email Instructions to send the URL to an email account. For more information, see Configuring MailChimp Webhooks.
- optionally customize the Task Name
- optionally customize the Short Description
- enable or disable Mute task notifications.
After the webhook is configured in MailChimp, when any of the events occur in MailChimp, a message is displayed on the Bots tab in the Messages section for the Kore.ai account.