To add Yammer as a channel to your Kore.ai bot, you will need to create an App in Yammer and enable the platform to receive messages. Adding the Yammer channel to your Kore.ai Bot allows end users for your bot to interact with your bot using their Yammer accounts. To add the Yammer channel to your Bot, you will need to:
- Register an App – For enabling Yammer as a channel for your bot, you will need to create an App on Yammer. Login to your Yammer developer account to ‘Register New App’. Initially, to enable Yammer channel, you must create and register for a developer account in the Yammer Developer portal.
- Enter the Redirect URL – Copy the Redirect URL provided in the configurations tab of the Yammer channel page in the Bot Builder and enter it in the Redirect URL field to proceed with creating an App on Yammer.
- Get App Information– Navigate to App Details page to get and reserve the Channel ID and Channel Secret for your channel configuration.
- Deploy Bot to your Enterprise – To enable your enterprise users discover the Bot in the App Directory, you can Deploy the bot by updating the App Directory section.
- Authorize – You will need to ‘Authorize’ the bot from the Configurations tab on the Yammer Channel page in the bot builder to generate a developer access token for enabling Kore.ai bot platform to access the App.
- Enable Channel– After setting up the Yammer app and entering configuration data in Bot Builder, you need to enable the channel.
To add the Yammer channel
- In the Bots section of the Bot Builder, click the Bot that you want to add the Yammer channel to.
- On the Channels tab,click the Yammer icon. The Yammer Channel page gets displayed.
- In a new browser tab, login to your Yammer Developer account and navigate to My Apps section to register a new App.
- To create an App, click on Register New App. Enter the required details in the listed fields. Copy the Redirect URL from Configurations tab of the Yammer Channel page and enter it in Redirect URL field. Click Continue to create the App.
- Post App creation, you would be navigated to App Details page. Capture the Client ID and Client Secret of your Yammer channel and provide them in the Configurations tab of LINE channel page.
- To deploy bot to your enterprise, navigate to App Directory section and enter the required information in respective fields. Click Deploy to deploy the bot to your enterprise users.
- Navigate to Configurations tab on the Yammer channel page to complete the channel setup. Click Authorize to generate a developer access token which enables Kore.ai bot platform to access the App. Enter all the details in other required fields. Select Yes and click on Save to enable Yammer Channel.
Editing the Yammer Channel
To edit the Yammer channel, hover your mouse over the channel and click to modify. You can make necessary updates to your channel configurations and save them. You may also disable or delete the channel information by clicking the Settings icon as shown in the illustration.
Select one of the following commands to modify the channel:
- Disable/Enable – Click Disable to temporarily disable use of the Yammer channel for your Bot.To enable use of the Yammer channel, Click Enable.
- Delete – Click Delete, and then click OK in the Delete Confirmation dialog to permanently delete the Bot channel configuration.