To train and improve the performance Threshold and Configurations can be specified for all three NLP engines – FM, KG and ML. You can access these settings under Natural Language > Training > Thresholds & Configurations.
The settings for KG engine is discussed in detail in the following sections.
Navigating to the Advanced Settings
- Open the bot for which you want to add synonyms.
- Hover over the side navigation panel and then click Natural Language.
- Click the Advanced Settings tab.
- Below is a detailed discussion about the Knowledge Collection section on this page.
Path Coverage can be used to define the minimum percentage of terms in the user’s utterance to be present in a path to qualify it for further scoring.
Definite Score for KG defines the minimum score for a Knowledge Collection or FAQ match to be considered as a definite match and discard any other intent matches found.
Minimum and Definitive Level for Knowledge Tasks allows you to set the confidence levels for a Knowledge Task. You can view and adjust the confidence level percentages for the task in one of three ranges as:
- Not matching a task – The gray area represents the knowledge task NLP interpreter confidence levels are too low to match the task intent.
- Multiple matches for a task – The orange area represents the NLP interpreter confidence levels range from minimum to maximum that provides one or more matches as a list of task intents to the user to choose from if the confidence level is more than 10% less than of the confidence level specified for Matching a task.
- Matching a task – The blue-green area represents the NLP interpreter confidence levels range from minimum to maximum required to provide an exact match to one knowledge task intent provided no other task contains a score within 10%. If more than one task has a top matching score within 10%, the list of high scoring tasks is presented as a list of choices to the end-user.
To set confidence levels
- Click and drag the first slider level to the left or right, in 10% increments to define the minimum confidence level required to match a task.
- Click and drag the second slider level to the left or right in 10% increments to define the range for probable matches. If there is more than one probably match in this range, all probable matches are returned as a list of choices to the user. Any match with a confidence level higher than this setting is considered a match.
When the mouse drag is complete, changes are saved immediately and applied to the Bot.
KG Suggestions Count: Define the maximum number of KG / FAQ suggestions to be presented when a definite KG / FAQ match is not available.
Proximity of Suggested Matches: Define the maximum difference to be allowed between top scoring and immediate next suggested questions to consider them as equally important.