This section contains major and minor release information for the Kore.ai Bots Platform v6.4 released on March 9, 2019.
This release includes new features that help you get insights into your bot’s performance, improve end-user conversation experience and a host of enhancements to Universal Bots, Batch Testing, Event Management, and many more features.
A wave of developer experience improvements like simplified navigation, global search bar, shortcuts, contextual help, and guided tours are also included in this release.
Visualize Conversation Flows
Conversation Flows View provides a visual representation of your user journeys and gives insights into commonly used tasks, utterances that guided the conversations, preferred paths, and usage details. You can also view the dropout rates at various stages of the conversation.
Ability to get business-critical insights using custom tags in conversation flows
By adding Custom Meta Tags to the conversation flows, you will be able to profile bot user conversations and derive business-critical insights from your bot usage and execution metrics. Tags can be defined as part of the bot definition at any point of interest. When users interact with your bot, the platform will dynamically resolve these tags and adds them to chat transcripts so that you can later filter your conversations, and flows using those tags.
Bot Summary provides a bird’s eye view of your bot definition. This includes details of your bot tasks, FAQs, a summary of training provided, channels, events, variables and extensions configured in your bot. From Bot summary, you can also quickly launch actions like creating a new task, exporting or import bot or choose any of the widgets to navigate to the detailed view.
You can now allow your users to modify or amend the value of an entity that was already provided during a conversation. For example, users may want to change ‘travel date’ after seeing the ticket prices for a previously selected ‘travel date’. The training required for identifying amend intents is pre-built into the platform. You can also define how the dialog should resume post modifying an entity value.
Global Search and Navigation Tools
A host of new improvements are added to make it easy to switch between various modules. You can launch the Global Search tool from any module, search for the specific module and directly navigate there. You can also use the Global Search tool to perform a search within specific modules like looking for a specific training utterance. We are also introducing shortcuts to invoke commonly performed tasks using keyboard shortcut keys.
Contextual Help and Guided Tours
You can now get access to contextually relevant resources from the Help menu available across all modules. You can also search for additional information, or directly navigate to Documentation, Support or Community portals. We have also included guided tours that help you in getting acquainted with the product features and also provide a step by step walkthrough on how to create various tasks and progress through the bot lifecycle.
As we keep enhancing the product with new features, we periodically realign the modules to make it easy to find relevant information. The Natural Language menu now has features categorized into Training, Intelligence and Default Conversations. the Testing menu includes Utterance Testing as well as Batch Testing. Bot Settings are categorized in Config Settings and Bot Management. Few other modules were also relocated to align them to more relevant groups.
We have extended NLP engine’s abilities to improve the conversational experience for end users.
- Batch Testing reports have been enhanced to include the confidence scores from the respective NLP engines. Also, the error messages have been enhanced to allow you to better understand the nature of failure and take proper action.=
- Define ‘Negative Patterns’ to eliminate intents based on specific phrases present in the user utterances. Intents detected by the Fundamental Meaning or Machine Learning models are validated against the Negative Patterns for elimination before they are sent to Ranking and Resolver engine.
- Patterns configured for intents and entities can now be reordered.
- Dashboards (Usage Metrics) have been upgraded to present real-time usage information of your bots.
- You can now use the Task Execution Failure event to customize the end user experience if your bot encounters any exceptions when end users are interacting with your bot. Learn more.
- In addition to the existing platform support for 14 languages, you can now create and publish bots in the Finnish language. Learn more.
- Agent and Webhook nodes are now supported in Universal Bots. Now, you can also use separate BotKits for your Universal bot and for each of your linked bots. The platform will automatically route the messages relevant BotKit based on the current context of the user.
- Dialog Builder has some nifty improvements like the ability to directly add a node between two existing nodes, a dedicated tab for managing training data from Properties panel and few others.
- Authorized users can now invite new users to your account directly from Bot Builder.