This document elaborates the steps to provide support for Skype For Business Server (On-Premise) for your virtual assistant.
Following Server should have been installed OnPrem:
- Skype for Business Server 2015
- Configured Auto Discovery Service
Skype for Business – on-premise channel is backed with Microsoft Unified Communications Web API (UCWA) – REST API that exposes Skype for Business Server 2015 Instant Messaging and Presence capabilities. Please refer here for more details on UCWA API.
To set up Skype for Business – on-premise channel, you need the discovery URL and a user account using which the bot will be discoverable and can communicate to users.
To add Skype for Business on-premise channel
- From Skype for Bussiness obtain the Discovery URL. Follow the instructions given here for obtaining the same.
- In the Bots section of the Bot Builder, click the Bot that you want to add the Skype for Business on-premise channel.
- On the Channels tab, click the Skype for Business on-premise icon. The Skype for Business Channel on-premise page gets displayed.
- In the Configurations tab, enter the details:
- Discovery URL;
- Click Save to complete channel enablement