AudioCodes is a voice network provider with the ability to choose custom ASR and TTS engines.
You can connect your bot to IVR-AudioCodes using a Webhook based integration. Before you begin, please ensure that you have administration access to your AudioCodes account for configuring the integration.
Introduced in ver8.0 of the platform.
To Enable IVR-AudioCodes Channel
- In the Bots section of the Bot Builder, click the Bot that you want to add the IVR-AudioCodes channel.
- On the Channels tab, click the IVR-AudioCodes icon. The IVR-AudioCodes Channel page gets displayed.
- To complete the Channel setup, navigate to the Configurations tab.
- Associate an App: Associate a secure app by choosing an existing app or by creating a new app. Generate the JWT token using the details of the selected app and use this token for secure communication with the Kore.ai Platform.
- Make a note of the Webhook URL, you need to configure this at the AudioCodes application:
- Login to your AudioCodes account and configure the above-mentioned URL as the ‘botURL’ in the VoiceAI Connector.
- In the Enable Channel section, select Yes, and then click Save to complete the user creation process and channel activation.
- From the Voice Call Properties tab, enter the details to configure the channel level voice properties, see here for details.
- Once you have enabled the IVR-AudioCodes channel, we recommend configuring the Telephony Welcome Event for Voice Call Settings. This would play a welcome message for users when they connect to the Bot via the IVR-AudioCodes channel.
- From Natural Language -> Default Conversation -> Event Handlers configure Telephony Welcome Event
- Click the Use Voice Call Properties button to open the Voice Call settings section
- Under the Initial Prompts text box, enter the message that needs to be played when the user connects to the Bot.
- For details regarding other configuration fields, refer to the Configuring Voice Call Settings for a Node section here.
Editing the IVR-AudioCodes Channel
To edit the IVR-AudioCodes channel, hover your mouse over the channel to modify, and then click the Settings icon to display the command menu.
Select one of the following commands to modify the channel:
- Disable/Enable – Click Disable to temporarily disable the use of the IVR-AudioCodes for your Bot. To enable the use of the IVR-AudioCodes channel, Click Enable.
- Delete – Click Delete, and then click OK in the Delete Confirmation dialog to permanently delete the Bot channel configuration.