Bots Platform provides publishing flow to allow the enterprise administrators to review new bots and bot updates before they are made available to end users. The publishing workflow applies to any bot component that impacts the end user.
Every bot created in the Bots Platform has two states:
- In Development: Developers can make changes to any of the bot components in this state. So, when the bot is first created it is by default in the In Development state. When you publish any bot components, a published state of these components is created and these components are also available in the In Development version of the bot so that you can continue to make any necessary changes to them.
- Published: The bot components that have approved for publishing are available in the Published state of the bot. You cannot make changes to the Published version of the bot components. The developer can pick and choose what changes are to be published during the publishing process. Enterprise admins can review the changes are approve or reject the publish request.
You can switch between the two bot states using the toggle on the top right side of any bot window.
Dialog tasks that consist of only published version appear on both sides of the toggle. The developer has to manually upgrade the task from the In Development state to edit the task.
Publishable Bot Components
Every bot components that impact end-user interactions or experience go through the publishing workflow in the Bots Platform. These components are categorized into the following sections in the Publish window of the bot:
The following is the description and the list of bot components under these sections:
|Tasks & Languages|
|Tasks (Dialog, Alert, Action, and Information)||
|Knowledge Task (per language)||
|BotKit||The BotKit configuration in the Published Version gets replaced with the configuration in the In Development version.|
|Agent Transfer||The Agent Transfer configuration in the Published Version gets replaced with the configuration in the In Development version.|
|Web / Mobile SDK||The Web / Mobile SDK Configuration configuration in the Published Version gets replaced with the configuration in the In Development version.|
|Events||The full set of selected events in the Published Version get replaced with the ones in the In Development version.|
|General Settings||Replaces General Settings in the Published version with the ones in the In Development version.|
|Authorization Profiles||Replaces the Authorization Profiles in the Published version with the ones in the In Development version.|
|Hold & Resume Settings||Replaces the Hold & Resume Settings in the Published version with the ones in the In Development version.|
|Bot Variables||Replaces the Bot Variables in the Published version with the ones in the In Development version.|
|IVR Settings||Replaces the IVR Settings in the Published version with the ones in the In Development version.|
|Custom Script||Replaces the Custom Script file in the Published version with the ones in the In Development version.|
|PII Settings||Replaces the PII settings in the Published version with the ones in the In Development version.|
|Advanced Settings||Replaces the following in the Published version with the ones in the In Development version:
– Language Detection Preference
– Show link for task setup/execution
– Error Messages
|Standard Bots||Universal Bots|
|Tasks & Languages||Linked Bots|
Switching Between the Bot States
Components without Publish Flow
The publishing workflow doesn’t apply to the following bot components as they do not either impact end customers or do only when used as part of a task definition. When you access these bot components from the bot either In Development or Published version, they show the same information.
- Batch Testing (including custom suits and test reports)
- Manage Developer Access
- App Creation, Resetting, and Deletion
- Language enablement. When you enable a new language in the In Development version of the bot, the publishing workflow works similar to publishing tasks- you need to publish all the bot tasks all over again by selecting the checkbox for the newly enabled language.
Bot Admins can set up auto-approval for all the updates made to Enterprise and Consumer bots in your account using the following steps: