As a developer, you can create, modify, upgrade, publish, and when needed recall a task approved for publishing, and delete a task if no longer needed. This topic describes how to recall or delete a task.
After you publish a task and the Bots Admin approves the task, the task becomes available to users, either employees or end-user customers, after the Bots Admin assigns the approved Bot to users. Once a task is made available to users, it is like a book that has been printed, published and distributed for the general public, and cannot be deleted by the developer or the Bots Admin. However, a Bots Admin can suspend usage of a Bot by users. When a task is suspended by the Bots Admin, the Status of that task is displayed as Suspended in Bot Builder. For more information about task Status, see Getting Started with Building Bots.
When you publish a task, the Status for that task is displayed as Awaiting Approval in Bot Builder. Tasks with this status can be Recalled before the Bots Admin approves the task. When a task is successfully Recalled, the Status reverts to Configured, and you can then edit or delete the task as needed.
To recall a task
To recall a task, the Status must be Awaiting Approval.
- In Bot Builder, on the left navigation menu, click the Bot that is defined with the task that you want to recall, and then on the Bot Tasks tab, click the Expand icon for the task type you want to recall.
- Point to the task you want to recall, click the Settings icon that is displayed, and then click Recall.
- In the Recall Confirmation dialog, click Continue.
The task is recalled from the Bots Admin, and the Status is updated to Configured in Bot Builder.
To delete a task
To delete an unpublished task, the Status must be Configured, In Progress, or Rejected.
- In Bot Builder, on the left navigation menu, click the Bot that is defined with the task that you want to delete, and then on the Bot Tasks tab, click the Expand icon for the task type you want to delete.
- Point to the task you want to delete, click the Settings icon that is displayed, and then click Delete.
- In the Delete Confirmation dialog, click Continue.
The task is deleted from Bot Builder.
Once a Bot is approved by the Bots Admin, it is currently not possible to delete the task, or the Bot with the associated approved task.