Kore.ai Bots platform supports the following types of tasks each meeting different use cases:
To begin defining tasks for your Bot, select one of the following task types:
- Dialog Tasks – Consists of multiple sub-intents and component nodes to conduct a complex conversational flow between a user and the bot.
- Alert Tasks – Monitors a web service for events and then sends a notification message to the user when the event occurs. You can use this task type for scheduled polling or near real-time notification using webhooks.
- Information Tasks – Provides a report of data by asking the user for input parameters and then executing a web service call. The formatted data is presented to the user as a link to a report that a user can click to display the data, for example, Show my tickets, or 3-day Weather Forecast.
- Action Tasks – Queries a user on demand for input parameters, and then executes a web service call along with a confirmation message, for example, Create New Ticket, or Get Weather for this Location.
- Knowledge Graph – Turns static FAQ pages into intelligent, personalized conversational experience. Build an ontology of crucial terms, add questions to the right nodes in the hierarchy and leave the task of responding to users to the bot, thus enabling your Support staff to engage with more complex tasks.
- Creating Flows – Associates one task to another task of the same or different Bot. For example, a flow for a Twitter tweet notification could be to Create New Follower.
Before proceeding to create a Bot Task, it might be a good idea to get an overview of the Bot Dialog Builder Tool.