Kore.ai provides integration for a built-in Userlike Bot that you can use to display message notifications and execute tasks directly from Kore.ai Messenger or other supported channel. To use the Userlike Bot, you just need to add the Bot to your channel, and then configure the settings for the Bot, such as authentication to access Userlike, and the notification messages that you want. This topic describes the Userlike built-in Bot for Kore.ai. For more information about other Kore.ai Bots, see Adding Bots.
About the Kore.ai Bot for Userlike
Userlike is a live chat software that allows website visitors to connect with service operators in the moment of greatest need – when a question pops up while browsing your product pages. You can use this Bot to alert you when a new chat is started, a message is received, or a conversation is forwarded.
|Integration Type||Webhook – Connect to this Bot using a webhook integration where the web application pushes message notifications in near real time.|
|Category||Customer Support – This Bot is available in the Kore.ai application in the Customer Support category.|
|Channels||Kore.ai – This Bot is available in the Kore.ai Messenger application.
Spark – This Bot is available in the Cisco Spark application.
To configure a Userlike webhook for Kore.ai, you must have a Userlike account with administrator access as well as API access to configure a webhook. If you don’t, you’ll need to contact the Userlike system administrator for your company. For more information, see the Getting Started in the Userlike documentation.
To get started configuring the webhook in Userlike, you’ll need two things:
- The Kore.ai webhook URL provided when you set up an alert in your Kore.ai account for each alert that you want to enable in Userlike.
- A valid Username and Password for an account with Userlike API access.
The webhook URL is account-specific and cannot be transferred to any other account. This means that if you configure a Userlike webhook using a test account, you will have to recreate the alert and get a new webhook URL to configure in Userlike. The following URL is an example webhook URL.
This procedure describes the steps in Userlike to configure a webhook using a Kore.ai webhook URL endpoint.
- Log on to Userlike, and then on the left navigation panel, click Config.
- On the Config menu, click Addons Settings. The Addon Settings page is displayed.
- In the SERVICE column, in the API row, click the Edit icon in the ACTION column. The Configure Callback API page is displayed.
- In the Configure section, in the Callback URL field, enter the Kore.ai webhook URL for the alert.
- Select one or more events in the next sections that will initiate a Kore.ai alert message, and then click Update Settings.
You can setup message notifications to your Kore.ai account using a Userlike webhook. Click , click Get notified when…, click Chat Updates, and then in the Setup Task dialog:
- click the Activate button to generate a Webhook URL.
- copy and save the URL, or click Email Instructions to send the URL to an email account. For more information, see Configuring Userlike Webhooks.
- optionally customize the Task Name
- optionally customize the Short Description
- enable or disable Mute task notifications
- and then click Finish.
After the webhook is configured in Userlike, when any of the events occur in Userlike, a message is displayed on the Bots page in Kore.ai Messenger or your supported channel.