Kore.ai provides integration for a built-in UserVoice Bot that you can use to display message notifications and execute tasks directly from the Kore.ai application. To use the UserVoice Bot, you just need to add the Bot to your Kore.ai account, and then configure the settings for the Bot, such as authentication to access UserVoice, and the notification messages that you want. This topic describes the UserVoice built-in Bot for Kore.ai. For more information about other Kore.ai Bots, see Adding Bots.
About the Kore.ai Bot for UserVoice
UserVoice is a software-as-a-service provider of product management and customer support tools that include feedback forums and in-app widgets to capture the ideas users care about most and reporting and analytics to aggregate and prioritize product ideas for your roadmap.
|Integration Type||Webhook – Connect to this Bot using a webhook integration where the web application pushes message notifications in near real time.|
|Category||Customer Support – This Bot is available in the Kore.ai application in the Customer Support category.|
To configure a UserVoice webhook for Kore.ai, you must have a UserVoice account with administrator access as well as API access to configure a webhook. If you don’t, you’ll need to contact the UserVoice system administrator for your company. For more information, see the Documentation Portal in the UserVoice documentation.
To get started configuring the webhook in UserVoice, you’ll need two things:
- The Kore.ai webhook URL provided when you set up an alert in your Kore.ai account for each alert that you want to enable in UserVoice.
- A valid Username and Password for an account with UserVoice API access.
The webhook URL is account-specific and cannot be transferred to any other account. This means that if you configure a UserVoice webhook using a test account, you will have to recreate the alert and get a new webhook URL to configure in UserVoice. The following URL is an example webhook URL.
This procedure describes the steps in UserVoice to configure a webhook using a Kore.ai webhook URL endpoint.
- Log on to UserVoice as an admin, and then on the Dashboard page, click the Settings icon.
- On the Integrations tab, click Service hooks.
- On the Service Hooks page, click Web Hook.
- On the Add Web Hook page, in the SERVICE HOOK NAME field, enter the name of the webhook used in the UserVoice application.
- In the URL field, enter the Kore.ai webhook URL for the alert.
- Set the CONTENT TYPE field to JSON.
- In the NOTIFICATIONS section, select one or more UserVoice events that trigger a Kore.ai alert message, and then click Add service hook.
For more information, see Introducing Service Hooks in the UserVoice documentation.
After you are connected, you can perform tasks for UserVoice directly from the Kore.ai application and setup message notifications to get notified in the Kore.ai application when an event occurs in UserVoice.
The following table describes UserVoice tasks that you can integrate with Kore.ai.
|TASK||TO CONFIGURE THIS TASK…|
|Comment on Suggestion||In the Perform Task dialog,
In a space room, you can enter the @uservoice commentsug Bot command to invoke and configure this task.
|Create Notes||In the Perform Task dialog,
In a space room, you can enter the @uservoice createnote Bot command to invoke and configure this task.
|Create Suggestions||In the Perform Task dialog,
In a space room, you can enter the @uservoice createsug Bot command to invoke and configure this task.
You can setup message notifications to your Kore.ai account using a UserVoice webhook. Click , click Get notified when…, click Ticket Alerts, and then in the Setup Task dialog:
- click the Activate button to generate a Webhook URL.
- copy and save the URL, or click Email Instructions to send the URL to an email account. For more information, see Configuring UserVoice Webhooks.
- optionally customize the Task Name
- optionally customize the Short Description
- enable or disable Mute task notifications.
After the webhook is configured in UserVoice, when any of the events occur in UserVoice, a message is displayed on the Bots tab in the Messages section for the Kore.ai account.