You can import and export ML utterances of a bot into another in CSV and JSON formats. You can choose between ‘In-Development’ or ‘Published’ tasks to export, whereas importing utterances always replace the latest copy of the task in the bot.
How to Export or Import ML Utterances
- On the bot’s menu, click Natural Language > Machine Learning Utterances.
- The ‘In-Development’ version of the bot’s ML utterances open by default. If you want to see the utterances in the ‘Published’ version, toggle on the top right side of the window to Published.
Note: The export of ML utterances vary based on this selection as explained in the Versioning and Behavior of the Exported UUtterances section below.
- Click the options icon and select an option:
- Click Import and upload a CSV or JSON file with the utterances to import. Read Versioning and Behavior of the Imported Utterances section below for more information.-OR-
- Click Export and select CSV or JSON formats to export the utterances. Read Versioning and Behavior or the Exported Utterances section below for more information.
Versioning and Behavior of Imported Utterances
- The imported utterances in CSV/JSON entirely replace the utterances present in the latest copy of the tasks.
- If the task is in the Configured status, the utterances in the task get entirely replaced with the new utterances for the task present in the imported file.
- If the task is in Upgrade in Progress status, the utterances related to the task get entirely replaced with the task utterances present in the imported file. The utterances in the Published copy of the task aren’t affected.
- If the task is in the Published status, an Upgrade in Progress copy of the task gets created by default and the new utterances present in the imported file will be added to the upgraded copy. The utterances in the Published copy of the task aren’t affected.
Versioning and Behavior of Exported Utterances
- When you export a bot’s utterances, all the utterances related to every task type – alert, action, information, dialog – get exported.
- When you export an In Development copy of the bot, the utterances of all tasks in the latest available copy get exported.
- When you export a Published copy of the bot, all the utterances in the published state get exported.
- In case of multi-language bots, the export of utterances only happens for the selected bot language.
- Export of utterances to JSON include NER tagging present in the tasks, whereas CSV export doesn’t include them.