Kore.ai provides integration for a built-in Stripe Bot that you can use to display message notifications and execute tasks directly from the Kore.ai application. To use the Stripe Bot, you just need to add the Bot to your Kore.ai account, and then configure the settings for the Bot, such as authentication to access Stripe, and the notification messages that you want. This topic describes the Stripe built-in Bot for Kore.ai. For more information about other Kore.ai Bots, see Adding Bots.
About the Kore.ai Bot for Stripe
Stripe is a suite of APIs that powers commerce for businesses of all sizes by allowing businesses and private individuals to accept payments, such as credit card, over the internet and from smartphones.
|Integration Type||Webhook – Connect to this Bot using a webhook integration where the web application pushes message notifications in near real time.|
|Category||Finance & Accounting – This Bot is available in the Kore.ai application in the Finance & Accounting category.|
To configure a Stripe webhook for Kore.ai, you must have a Stripe account with administrator access as well as API access to configure a webhook. If you don’t, you’ll need to contact the Stripe system administrator for your company. For more information, see the Stripe Documentation.
To get started configuring the webhook in Stripe, you’ll need two things:
- The Kore.ai webhook URL provided when you set up an alert in your Kore.ai account for each alert that you want to enable in Stripe.
- A valid Username and Password for an account with Stripe API access.
The webhook URL is account-specific and cannot be transferred to any other account. This means that if you configure a Stripe webhook using a test account, you will have to recreate the alert and get a new webhook URL to configure in Stripe. The following URL is an example webhook URL.
This procedure describes the steps in Stripe to configure a webhook using a Kore.ai webhook URL endpoint.
- Log on to Stripe, on the Your Account menu on the top menu bar, click Account Settings.
- On the Account Info dialog, on the top menu bar, click Webhooks.
- On the Endpoints dialog, click Add Endpoint.
- In the Endpoint dialog, in the the URL field, enter the Kore.ai webhook URL for the alert.
- Set the Mode field to Live.
- Select Send me all events, or select Select events to choose which events in Stripe will initiate an alert message in Kore.ai.
- Click Create Endpoint, and then in the Endpoints dialog, click Done to save the webhook.
For more information, see Webhooks in the Stripe documentation.
You can setup message notifications to your Kore.ai account using a Stripe webhook. Click , click Get notified when…, click Stripe Updates, and then in the Setup Task dialog:
- click the Activate button to generate a Webhook URL.
- copy and save the URL, or click Email Instructions to send the URL to an email account. For more information, see Configuring Stripe Webhooks.
- optionally customize the Task Name
- optionally customize the Short Description
- enable or disable Mute task notifications.
After the webhook is configured in Stripe, when any of the events occur in Stripe, a message is displayed on the Bots tab in the Messages section for the Kore.ai account.