This sample bot is defined with a dialog task that uses open APIs to get the flight, location, and weather details. You can use this bot to learn about optimizing Natural Language Processing (NLP) and designing more complex dialog tasks, as well as an alert task, information task, action task, and knowledge task.
After installation, you can test the bot using the Talk to Bot feature to test any of the following configured tasks.
- Dialog Tasks
- Search flight availability
- Alert Tasks
- Schedule weather report
- Information Tasks
- Get a 3-day weather forecast
- Action Tasks
- Check weather condition
- Knowledge Tasks
- Weather-related information
Installing the Travel Planning Sample Bot
- Log on to Bot Builder.
- To view your sample bots, click the down-arrow next to the +New Bot and select Install Sample Bots.
- Search for Travel Planning Sample, hover and then click Install.
- The Travel Planning Sample installed successfully message is displayed and the sample bot is added to your Bot Builder Landing page.
- You can talk to Bot to understand its functionality.
Customizing the Sample Bot
Try out your bot using Talk to Bot and test all the alerts and actions. Then review the configuration tabs of the bot in Bot Builder:
Bot Tasks – Add or modify tasks. This bot is configured with 3 alert tasks and 3 actions task. You can also add dialog tasks, information tasks, knowledge tasks, and configure flows. know more
Natural Language – Review and optimize natural language processing and machine language understanding of your bot. Know more.
Channels – Enable this bot for one or more communication channels. This bot is enabled for the Kore channel by default. Know more.
Settings – Edit or define bot settings, such as name, icon, and other settings. Know more.
Analyze – You can review the full conversation between the Bots Platform and a user using Chat History. For more detail, you can review and analyze both successful, and unsuccessful interactions between a Bot and a user in the Chat Logs section. If necessary, based on the interaction, you can initiate Bot training to better handle future communication transactions. For more information, see Analyzing Your Bot.