On the Consumer Bots page in the Bots Management module of the Bots Admin Console, you can manage deployed Bots and Bot tasks that are approved by the Bots Admin on the Deployment Requests page. Only approved Bots with the deployment model set to Consumer are displayed on the Consumer Bots page. To manage approved Bots with the deployment model set Enterprise, see Managing Deployed Enterprise Bots.
The following illustration is an example of the Consumer Bots page in the Bots Management module.
On the Consumer Bots page, you can review and modify Bot settings such as channels and email settings, and manage approved tasks for the Bot.
Consumer Bots Columns
|Bot Name||Displays the name of the bot, created by the user.|
|Developer||Displays the name of the developer that created or owns this Bot.|
|Bot Type||Displays the type of bot. One of:
|Channels||Displays the channels where bot will send notifications for set actions and alerts. Following are the options.
About the Action Bar
Using Sort By
To sort the bots, in the Sort by drop-down list, select an option for Bot Name and the list is viewed in alphabetical order.
To remove the sorting, in the Sort by drop-down list, select None.
Using the Search Field
Note: The number of search terms in a search query is unlimited, however, no more than the first 20 characters of each search term is used to return search results.
To view all entries, clear the search field, and then press the Enter key.
Managing Bot Settings
As the Bots Admin, you need to manage your deployed bots to your customers. In Bot Settings, you can view the deployment model type, add or remove channels that your customers can use to access your Bot, and if needed, send an email to the developer that published the Bot for approval, for example, to request a change to the Bot. Complete the steps in the following procedure to modify deployed and approved Bot settings.
- On the Consumer Bots page in the Bots Management module, click the Ellipses icon for the Bot that you want to modify Bot Settings for, and then click Bot settings. The Bot settings dialog is displayed as shown in the following illustration.
- In the Deployment model field, you can view the read-only deployment type, Consumer use or for more information, click Consumer use.
- In the Approved channels field, you can view and modify the channels available or deployed. Click the Expand icon to display the Approved channels dialog. Select or clear one or more channels defined for this bot to be available to the users, and then click Done. At least one channel must be enabled to approve the bot.
- Click Email the bot developer ( < Developer Name > ) to open your default mail application to email a message to the Bot developer.
- Click Apply to save the changes.
Managing Bot Tasks
After you approve and deploy your Bots published in your account by a developer, you may decide to suspend a task or redeploy a suspended task, or activate an inactive task published by the developer. Complete the steps in the following procedure to deploy or undeploy tasks for an approved Bot.
About Suspended Tasks
When you suspend a task in the Bots Admin console, the bot will not send alerts nor respond to action requests, and an alert is sent to all users configured for the task that the task is temporarily suspended. When the task is set back to Active, then an alert is sent to all users as well.
While a task is suspended, a developer can still access the task in Bot Builder, and create and publish an upgrade, but the Bot task remains suspended until the Bots Admin explicitly changes the status back to Active.
Complete the steps in the following procedure to deploy or suspend tasks for an approved Bot.
- On the Consumer Bots page in the Bots Management module, click the Ellipses icon for the Bot that you want to modify deployed tasks for, and then click Manage Bot tasks. The Manage Bot tasks dialog is displayed as shown in the following illustration.
- In the Bot tasks field, click the Expand icon to display the available and deployed tasks. The Bot tasks dialog is displayed as shown in the following example.
- Select or clear the checkbox for the task to suspend a task or deploy a task, and then click Confirm.
- In the Manage bots tasks dialog, click Confirm.
The Bot status changed successfully message is displayed at the top of the page.
You may also want to deploy and manage Bots for you company customers. For more information, see Managing Deployed Enterprise Bots.