Congratulations! You are about to start the set up for your company as the Bots Admin, using the Kore.ai Bots Admin Console. This guide helps you to log on, invite one or more users to join Kore.ai for your company, deploy a bot, and then assign that Bot to users.
As the Bot Admin, you manage custom Bots for your company and specify who can use the custom Bots.
Open the Bots Admin Console
After you log on to the Kore.ai Bot Store, you can open the Bots Admin Console, if your account is enabled. To log on to the Bots Admin Console, you simply click Bots Admin Console on the user menu. For security, you must re-enter your Bots Admin log on credentials. By default, the Bots Admin Console session expires after 15 minutes of session idle.
What Should I Do First?
If this is your first time using the Bots Admin Console, at this point, you really should start inviting and adding users to join Kore.ai for your company. For this scenario, we will assume an example user, that Bob at email@example.com has never signed up for Kore.ai and is a company employee that you want to manage. To invite and add Bob to use Bots, you’ll need to follow this process:
Invite Bob to join Kore.ai by sending him an invite to join Kore.ai. Bob enrols in Kore.ai using the link you sent in the invite. At the link URL for Kore.ai, Bob signs up and provides a password and other user info for his account. Once the sign-up process is complete, you can assign him to one or more bots.
How Do I Do It?
The following sections describe how to complete the three steps to add a new user, in this case, Bob, as a user in the Bots Admin Console.
Step 1 – Inviting a New User
Let’s invite Bob to join Kore.ai.
- On the left navigation menu, click to expand the Enrollment module, and then click Invite. The Invite users to join Kore.ai page is displayed.
- Enter the email address name
- Click Send Invitations.
An email is sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to sign up for Kore.ai. Bob clicks the link, signs up for Kore.ai, and becomes an user in your Kore.ai bots platform account and is ready to be assigned bots.
Step 2 – Assigning a Custom Bot
As an Admin, you can assign users to custom Bots. Before you can assign a Bot to a user, a developer must have defined the Bot and then published that Bot to the enterprise. You as the Bots Admin must approve the Bot and then define settings for the Bot. After a Bot is approved and the purpose is marked to be ‘Enterprise use’, you can assign the Bot to users.
For this example scenario, we assume a developer created a Bot called My Custom Kore Bot and published the Bot to your account. For more information, see the Kore.ai Bot Builder Tool.
- On the Deployment Requests page in the Bots Management module, click the down arrow icon to expand the task that you want to deploy, and then click Approve Bot. The Approve Bot dialog is displayed.
- In the Approve Bot dialog, you can view or edit the following options:
- Deployment model – View the deployment channel for the bot as either Consumer use for use by your enterprise consumers, or for Enterprise use for specified managed users of your enterprise.
- Approved channels – Select or clear one or more channels defined for this bot to be available to the users. For example, select Email and Kore.ai Messenger channels. At least one channel must be enabled to approve the bot.
- Bot task -Select or clear one or more tasks defined for this bot to be available to the users. At least one task must be enabled to approve the bot.
- After you specify the options, click Approve to enable and deploy the bot for the specified group of users.
- Since this Bot was deployed for Employee use, it is displayed on the Enterprise Bots page, as shown in the following image.
- In the Bot & task assignments dialog, select Assign Bot’s tasks and then choose All managed users, Assign user groups, or Assign individual users, and then click Done.
- To save and apply the changes, in the Bot & task assignments dialog, click Apply.
- In the Bot Assignment successful dialog, click OK.
When you click the Assign Users button, the Add Users to the Built In Admin Role Master Admin dialog is displayed. Just select the managed user that you want to add to the Master Admin role, and then click the Add User(s) button shown in the image below.
Logout from Bots Admin Console
When you are finished with your session with the Bots Admin Console, you should log off the console and close your session to keep your enterprise account secure. To log off, click on your user name, and then click Logout as shown in the following illustration.
If your Bots Admin Console session is idle for more than 15 minutes, your session is automatically terminated, and the next action in the session window will open the Kore.ai web client instead. To start a new session, click Bots Admin Console on your user menu and log on.
With another admin in place, you will want to begin configuring your Kore.ai account, for example, for security, and so forth. You will also want to invite users in your company to join Kore.ai, and for those users that have signed up for Kore.ai, you may want to add as managed users. For an overview of the modules in the Bots Admin Console, see About the Kore.ai Bots Admin Console.